Friday, 31 March 2017

Hit the Ground Rolling

Welcome to the first post of What Do Those Dice Do?, where I chronicle my charge up the beaches of tabletop game design.

I figured it'd be honest to list some progress I've already made before starting this blog. So, taking inventory:

-Played games with some of Toronto's game designers and organizers, like Kate! She's really awesome,
-Ran games at Breakout 2017 (a really awesome gaming convention in Toronto!) for Gaming By Storm,
-Met a few game designers as a result of aforementioned con,
-Wrote a few Powered by the Apocalypse playbooks privately,
-Joined a cabin of game designers to write a game this April for National Novel Writing Month.

So, I have a few connections, I've messed around with game design a bit, but I've only really scratched the surface.

As for game experience, I've been playing tabletops for seven years now. My favorites are probably Chronicles of Darknesss games, Urban Shadows, Monsterhearts, and Ryuutama.

My goal is to get an RPG published; I have ideas for at least two.

I'll check in again later today as I tackle some game-design literature.

No comments:

Post a Comment